How to Import MP3 into FL Studio
As with many of the features and commands in the DAW, there are multiple ways to import MP3 into FL Studio. Keep in mind that these techniques will work with all audio files supported by FL Studio, not just MP3. Let’s take a look.
Import MP3 into the Playlist
The first spot we can import MP3 into within FL Studio is the Playlist. There are two similar way to do this:
1. Import Directly from File Manager
- Navigate to the folder on your computer that contains the MP3 that you want to import into FL Studio
- With both the folder and FL Studio’s Playlist open and visible, just click and drag the MP3 from your file manager folder into the Playlist
2. Import from FL Studio Browser/Plugin picker
For this method to work, you will first need to tell the Browser/Plugin picker where to look in your computer for all of your MP3 files. The advantage of using this method is that you won’t have to search your computer each time you want to import an MP3. They’ll all be conveniently located inside the Browser/Plugin picker.
- Go to Options → File settings (top left of FL Studio window)
- Click the folder icon in a blank row under Browse extra search folders
- Choose the folder on your computer that contains the MP3s that you want to import
FL Studio will automatically add your MP3s to the Browser/Plugin picker. They’ll be available in the list just like your samples. Just click and drag them from the Browser/Plugin picker to the Playlist or Channel rack.
Import MP3 into Edison
The second spot we can import MP3 into within FL Studio is Edison. Edison allows for more editing flexibility if that’s what you want to do with your MP3. You can also use Edison to sample from your MP3.
The two Playlist methods above will work for Edison too. Just click and drag from the Browser/Plugin picker or file manger into Edison’s waveform window.
3. Import from Edison’s File Browser
The third and final way to import MP3 into FL Studio is through Edison’s own file browser.
- Click the Floppy disk icon → Load sample (Ctrl+O), or just click anywhere in the waveform window
- Navigate to the folder on your computer that contains the MP3
- Find the MP3 you want to import
- Click Open