What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, or other details to help you with your experience.
Third-party advertising companies that partner with this website may collect the following information automatically:
- IP address
- operating system type and version
- browser type and version
- cookie ID
- an individual’s activities on the website
- other information about the individual’s system and connection and how the individual interacts with the website
Information our partners receive from other third-parties
Third-party advertising companies may also combine, merge and/or enhance the information they collect about an End User with information collected from their Publisher Clients and other third-parties.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you fill out forms or comment on our website.
Third-party advertising companies collect information automatically when End Users visit our website.
How do we use your information?
We may use such information in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To implement Interest-Based Advertising on the website.
Collected data and information may be transferred to third-party advertising companies for the following purposes:
- To send marketing and promotional communications. For example, we and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the information for our marketing purposes, in accordance with an individual’s marketing preferences. You may opt out of our marketing at any time.
- To send administrative information. For example, to send information regarding our services and changes to our terms, reports, conditions, and policies.
- To engage in and process transactions. For example, we may use personal information to process your transactions and for billing purposes.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on the website that may contain personal information. By becoming a customer you are providing your automatic consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Contextual-based advertising and analytics. We may partner with certain third parties to collect information on the website to engage in analysis, auditing, research, and reporting, as well as to deliver advertising that we believe may interest you based on your activity on this website and other websites over time. These third parties may set and access cookies on your computer or other device and may also use pixel tags, web logs, web beacons, or other similar technologies.
- To manage accounts and provide customer support or other services. For example, we may use the information to create or administer Infolinks accounts and to provide customer support or other requested services or information about the Ad Services.
- To select content and improve quality. We may use the information to help improve the website and Infolinks Ad Services and to ensure that content on the website is presented in the most effective manner for your device.
- For legal purposes. We may use information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with subpoenas, warrants, or other legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- For our business purposes. We may use information for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our products, services, marketing, and client relationships.
How do we protect visitor information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you may supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser settings. Each browser is slightly different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to find the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies, some website features may be disabled. It may turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services may not function properly.
How can you opt out, remove, or modify information you have provided to us?
You can request to have your information removed by contacting the site owner by email at email@example.com.
You can also opt out of our Interest-Based Advertising program through an NAI-approved Opt-Out mechanism.
Third Party Disclosures
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Transfer Of Your Personal Information
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Retention of Your Personal Information
Information Regarding Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We need to perform a contract with you, such as when you create a Policy with us
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the personal information we have on you
- The right of rectification
- The right to object
- The right of restriction
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Service Providers”), to provide our Website on our behalf, to perform Website-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used. These third-parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Ad Optimization